Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- This drug is used in serious diseases like SLE, Myositis Etc.
- This drug helps to bring / keep diseases under control by correcting immunological abnormalities. This helps in preventing damage to organs.
- This drug is available in tablet form.
- Dose of this drug is raised slowly to avoid side effects.
- Periodic blood tests are done to monitor blood counts and liver functions.
- Full effect of this drug may come after 6 months.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug
- General itching, Skin rash.
- Continuous low grade fever, Throat pain.
- Continuous nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea.
- This drug cannot be used in pregnancy and breastfeeding.