Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- This drug is used in Rhematoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, JIA(Arthritis in childrens), SLE etc..
- This drug helps by controlling disturbed immune system. It prevents damage to the organs.
- It is advised to take once/twice a week only.
- It is available in tablet and injection form.
- It is started in small dose and gradually increased.
- It takes 8-12 weeks for its full effect.
- Blood counts and liver function tests are advised as per rules before starting the drug and also at regular intervals later.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug
- Continuous low grade fever, throat pain.
- Rashes all over body,
- Mouth ulcers
- Blood in urine.
- Severe hair fall,
- Dark sticky loose stool.
This is drug is not used in pregnancy and in lactating mothers.