Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- This drug is used in serious diseases like SLE, Polymyositis, Vasculitis Etc when there is life or organ threatening disease.
- This drug helps to bring / keep diseases under control by correcting immunological abnormalities. This helps in preventing damage to organs.
- This drug is available in tablet and injection form.
- Periodic blood tests are done to monitor blood counts and kidney functions.
- Full effect of this drug may come after 6 months.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug.
- Persistent low grade fever, throat pain, hair loss.
- Recurrent oral ulcers.
- Skin Rash.
- Spontaneous bleeding from gums or blood in urine.
- Black tar like sticky stool.
- Severe weakness, Loss of appetite.
- This drug cannot be used in pregnancy and breastfeeding.