Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- These drugs are latest advance of Allopathy science in rheumatological diseases.
- These drugs target tiny molecules involved in disease mechanisms.
- Etanercept, Infliximab, Adalimumab, Rituximab, Tocilizumab and Abatacept are these types of drugs.
- These drugs are used in very severe diseases which cannot be control by fist line drugs.
- Blood counts, liver function test, kidney function, cholesterol, investigations to rule out TB are done as per guidelines before starting these drugs.
- Please inform your doctor if there is family history of TB or Cancer.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug
- General itching, Skin rash, Urticaria.
- Continuous low grade fever, Throat pain.